Follow me on my Journey on How to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle. – How to eat more vegetables and less rice.
If you know me personally, you would say that I am in love with food. I love all kinds of cuisine, but nothing beats my love for Filipino and Japanese food. Although I would prefer eating rather than cooking, as I am required to prepare my meal, otherwise, I will die of hunger or procure an enormous bill because of take-outs. On that note, I would be preparing easy recipes that even a newbie can follow. Please note that I am not a nutritionist nor a certified chef.
Going to extreme diets never worked for me. I have tried the KETO diet, Fasting, the Vegan diet, and more. But I always find myself more hungry, and I tend to eat more. So I have decided to start my journey by fully enjoying what I eat instead of restricting myself. I will be doing some exercise with my OCULUS since it’s hard for me to do my swimming activities.
Now, this blog series will contain documentation on what I do and what I eat daily. I intend to create a video recording of some clips. But I am not going to promise that. If you would like to join me on my journey, let me know in the comments section below.
Tricking your mind to eat less rice and eat more vegetables is not easy. I didn’t grow up with food discipline. I ate as much as I could and as fast as I could. Why? Because I fear being hungry. I have seven siblings with huge appetites, and I am one of the youngest, so I have to eat faster than them. Rice has been a staple in all of our meals. We seldom have meals that don’t have rice. If you are like me, then you know the difficulties of not incorporating it with your diet.
Try my recipe and see if it will help you lessen your rice intake and eat more leafy greens.
What you’ll need?
- Half cup of Brown Rice (or white)
- Kale Salad ( or any salad you have)
- kewpie Japanese Mayo ( They only use white yolk)
- Bacon or Chicken (optional)
- Cook your rice
- Or heat your rice, put it in a bowl.
- Add Salad
- Add the Japanese Mayo
- Add Bacon
- Add togarashi for an extra kick! (Optional)
You can substitute bacon for a fried tofu or chicken breast if you want to. If you don’t have the Sweet Kale Salad, use whatever greens you have, it could just be a lettuce or spinach. This recipe is customizable, don’t stress out and buy all of my ingredients.
Follow these EASY TIPS:
- At least walk for 30 mins.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water.
- Always eat at the same time.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal after 6 pm.
- Do a breathing exercise for 2 mins.
- Slow down when eating.
- Avoid watching while eating.
- Focus on every bite and all the flavors of the food that you are eating. Pretend that it is your first time to taste it,
- Most important is to enjoy your food, but know how to balance what you eat.
Please subscribe so you won’t miss updates on my journey.
As Always, Hello Life!